We’ve got a fresh order of swordfish and a recipe for you to try if you’ve never had swordfish before.
• 4 Swordfish Steaks (6oz each or 1” thick)
• 3 tbsp Canola Oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp Butter
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 8 Cloves Garlic, minced
• ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
• ½ cup White Wine
• Grated zest from 1 Lemon
• 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 2 tbsp Parsley, for garnish, cut into small pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In an oven safe skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
3. Add swordfish to hot pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side.
4. Turn the sword fish over and place in the oven to finish cooking, about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Add the butter and olive oil to a small skillet, and melt over medium heat.
6. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook over medium heat until garlic begins to turn light brown
7. Set aside until fish is complete.
8. Once the swordfish is cooked through, remove from the pan and onto a serving platter.
9. Add white wine to the fish pan and stir to deglaze. Combine the wine mixture with garlic butter mixture and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
10. Cook for 3 minutes to reduce volume
11. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
12. Pour over the swordfish and garnish with parsley.
Don’t want swordfish or we are all out? No problem, the recipe works well with Halibut, Mahi Mahi, Sea Bass, Tuna, and Yellowtail. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.